Scanlon Hall fire

Featured News Institutional News

A small grease fire in Scanlon Hall caused an evacuation of all Scanlon residents on Tuesday, Nov. 18.
Jacob Teasley, second year resident assistant in Scanlon Hall, was involved with the event.
“There was a grease fire in the kitchen of the first floor guys’ wing,” Teasley said. “The students put water on it to put it out and it got worse.”
Teasley believed there were two students directly involved in the fire. He said that no one was hurt.
Mallory Murray, director of public relations and marketing, sent an email to all Western employees regarding the fire.
“There was no structural damage, however, students were disrupted between 2:30 and 4:30 p.m. and it may have impacted attendance in class for those that live in this hall,” Murray said in the email.
According to Teasley, the sprinkler was going off in the kitchen where the fire occurred only, not in the rest of the hall.

Comments are closed.